Thursday, February 4, 2010

Easy Peasy Homemade Almond Milk

1 cup almonds
1/4 cup raisins or any other sweetener, when i have local maple syrup that's what goes in my milk!
water to fill your blender.

Soak your almonds 24 hours in a dark place ~put a sticky note so you don't forget it's there
Rinse them and put in blender. If you've never tasted 24 hour soaked almonds then taste one, you'll see they're a delight!! (note preferably organic almonds)

Soak your raisins 20 minutes before rinsing the almonds.
Add the raisins with water into the blender.

Fill the blender with water and blend

When the water is milk, which is about 2 minutes or more or less of blending as you wish,
then sift the solids from the milk and set aside the raisin/almond solids to make cookies, cakes, deserts, bread, etc..

Put milk in glass jar and keeps for 2-3 days in the fridge

Enjoy : )

p.s.I've been doing this recipe for over 10 years now and don't remember where I read it, so if you know the source, please do let me know. I don't remember either if a friend showed me

No comments:

Post a Comment